Tuesday, October 30, 2007

HOW DID CULTURAL GLOBALIZATION ENTER MY HOME?


What is the "Cultural Globalization"? Cross-cultural contacts; consuming and enjoying foreign ideas; participating in a world culture.
So how does it apply to me and my family?
I have bought an album of the band 'HaBanot Nehama' (= 'consolation girls'). Three girls singing with acoustic guitar. Very fresh music. What impressed me that these girls sing in two languages: both Hebrew and English, this language transition taking place very naturally inside a song. I mean first of all their song 'So far'. I even don't always pay attention which language they sing at the moment.
I think this is a good product of the Cultural Globalization.
I have given this album to my daughter to listen.

I see this language transition as a fine PR move.

0 comments:

Post a Comment