Saturday, April 12, 2008

HOW TO GET A FREE PROMOTION ON TWITTER?


I am pondering promoting my readers on Twitter. It is one of the new social networks. You may call it a viral / social media marketing tool.
Now I have read an article of Jennifer Laycock 'Five Reasons Twitter is an Essential Social Media Tool'. A few of her points I like especially:

Twitter is sort of like a giant dinner party. There are tons of conversations going on and you can easily join one, or you can start a new one. If you start a new one, others can easily join in. You can even carry on multiple conversations at once. It's total conversational freedom.

It's a no-brainer (= simple or easy to understand) that you can send out a tweet with a link to your latest blog post (= actually, Jennifer is talking about linkbaiting).

OK, I have joined Twitter just now. My Twitter name is jacobskir.
Now what do I wish to do?
I would like to make a one time free promotion action on Twitter. My readers can address me by one of the two ways:
1. There is a 'Your Feedback' form on this blog at the right side of the screen.
2. My name on Twitter is jacobskir.

I will see the site/blog suggested and promote it by building a link to it (if it is worth promoting at all).

2 comments:

  1. Jacob,
    Twitter is about tracking your/my/somebody else's activities, isn't it?
    What is the ultimate point of this tracking? Is it really interesting so much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose,
    what happens after you register @ Twitter: many people begin following you. You don't really know where they come from but actually they do come. As they wish you to see what they are doing / reading / writing, you can do it the same way as well: publish links to what are you reading etc.

    ReplyDelete